Introducing Melanie and Carol
Melanie Rose is a Nurse Practitioner with many years experience in nursing.
Dr Carol Head is a General Practitioner with over 30 years experience in rural and suburban general practice.
Both Mel and Carol have lived on Phillip Island for a number of years and together they have formed Phillip Island Health to serve the local community. Phillip Island Health is located at Phillip Island Sports and Rehab at 207 Settlement road, Cowes.
All face to face consultations and tele-health appointments are bulk-billed at this stage. Home visits and Aged care visits are not all bulk-billed.
Mel is a Nurse Practitioner endorsed in Primary health and older person/aged care and provides the following services:
- Physical health assessments
- Chronic disease management
- Advance health directives
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Management of minor illness – Urinary tract infections, Upper respiratory tract infection, Sore throats, Ear infections, Wound management
- Ordering and interpreting blood tests
- Referrals to specialists and other health professionals
- Medical Certificates
- Writing medication charts for aged care
- Minor cuts, abrasions, bruises
- Aged care consultation after hours (6pm- 10pm weekdays and 9-5pm Saturday and Sundays) – call out charge applies for all after hours Aged Care consultations.
Dr Carol is particularly interested in holistic and complementary medicine and she works in integrative ways to help patients find better health. Holistic medicine is about treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit and Carol takes a holistic approach with all patients. She combines conventional and complementary approaches (such as laser acupuncture or herbs) to help patients heal.
Carol is happy to see patients of all ages with acute or chronic illness but the practice is not equipped to deal with emergencies or trauma.
- Chronic health issues – diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome etc.
- Mental health issues such as stress, anxiety and depression
- Laser acupuncture for pain and musculoskeletal problems
Phillip Island Health
at Phillip Island Sports and Rehab
207 Settlement road
For appointments please book online via Hotdoc
or telephone 0478 483 389