Melanie Rose is a Nurse Practitioner with many years experience in nursing and has been working with Dr Carol Head at Phillip Island Health since May 2020. In August 2021 Dr Carol left to pursue a dream of owning a berry farm. She has moved to the Otways and will be doing some GP work in Birregurra from October 2021.
Phillip Island Health is located at 28 Leeson street, Cowes. The fax number is 03 59522498.
All face to face consultations and tele-health appointments are bulk-billed at this stage. Home visits and Aged care visits are not all bulk-billed.
Mel is a Nurse Practitioner endorsed in Primary health and older person/aged care and provides the following services:
- Physical health assessments
- Chronic disease management
- Advance health directives
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Management of minor illness – Urinary tract infections, Upper respiratory tract infection, Sore throats, Ear infections, Wound management
- Ordering and interpreting blood tests
- Referrals to specialists and other health professionals
- Medical Certificates
- Writing medication charts for aged care
- Minor cuts, abrasions, bruises
- Aged care consultation after hours (6pm- 10pm weekdays and 9-5pm Saturday and Sundays) – call out charge applies for all after hours Aged Care consultations.
Phillip Island Health
at 28 Leeson street,
Fax – 03 59522498
For appointments please book online via Hotdoc